- Indianola, IA 50125
- Des Moines, IA 50321
Job Position: Bridge Superintendent/Foreman
Herberger Construction is looking for an experienced bridge superintendent/foreman to join its team of construction professionals. We offer competitive salary, health insurance including medical-dental-vision, life insurance, profit sharing plan, bonuses, paid time off and much more.
Herberger Construction Company, Inc. is primarily a heavy highway construction company based in Indianola, IA. Our primary focus is bridge construction, but we also drive piling and construct flood and retaining walls, pump stations and culverts. Herberger Construction received an AGC award from a committee of peers, based on quality of work, job particulars, budget and other criteria.
Check out a few of our projects: http://www.herbergerconstruction.com/projects.html
Like a road’s base installation, Herberger Construction employees form the foundation of our business.
We are a 3rd generation company that has been in business in Iowa for over 70 years. While we typically operate in central Iowa, we have built bridges in all 99 counties and completed a bridge in Lawrence, Kansas in 2009.
Summary of Position:
The Bridge Superintendent/Foreman provides supervision of job site crew members at heavy highway construction projects. The Bridge Foreman helps promotes an environment in which safety, environmental, and health concerns are a top priority and ensures all work is completed on time and in compliance with project plans and specifications.
- As the first line of compliance of our Companies Safety Program, the Foreman will observe the behaviors of his crew, and take immediate action, when needed.
- Perform daily site inspections and insure that all safety standards are met. Make corrections as needed.
- Conduct daily Tool Box Talks so all crew members are aware of how the daily tasks are to be carried out and the safety concerns for that particular day are discussed.
- Handle onsite incidents and emergencies in a proactive manner.
- Make sure that the work sites are cleaned and maintained and cleared of any hazardous materials prior to the beginning of the construction project.
- Effectively lead and manage all crew members daily activities and production.
- Plan, coordinate and organize people, equipment and materials to promote the safe, efficient and timely construction of all phases of the project.
- Maintain accurate reporting records including job quantities, time sheets and daily management reports.
- Communicate activities and issues with other members of management to coordinate construction activities.
- Adherence to labor and production schedules to ensure that projects are built on time and within or better than budget.
- Ensure that no extra work outside of the original scope or contract is conducted without an extra work order in place.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
- Being able to set-up and accurately read and interpret level/transit.
- Manages and supervises assigned operations to achieve goals within available resources; plans and organizes workloads and staff assignments, trains, motivates and evaluates assigned staff; reviews progress and direct changes as needed.
- Communicate official plans, policies and procedures to all members of the crew,
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems.
- Leads with a positive attitude toward policies pertaining to safety and regularly works to foster a safe work environment.
- Reviews, understands and implements construction project documents such as plans, specifications, drawings, job layout, as-builts and quantity books sufficient to perform the responsibilities of the position.
- Responsibility on the job site includes but not limited to; assisting in the determination of manpower and equipment needs, project scheduling, personnel hiring, equipment maintenance, tool and material requirements and managing subcontractors.
- High School Diploma required.
- Associates Degree in Construction Technology/Management preferred.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiar with IDOT standards and specifications.
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risk, implications, and costs.
- Tactful demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personalities.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in heavy highway bridge construction work, including at least three years in a supervisory role.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.