Positions available in Cedar Rapids
- Starting pay $14+ (depends on multiple factors including but not limited to: experience, driving record, license type and any endorsements, etc.) Pay will be discussed during an interview.
- This position performs a wide variety of manual tasks including shoveling and raking, bending, hand work, etc.
- Frequently exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Wage to commensurate with experience and/or possession of CDL
- Positions available in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City area
- Day shift including overtime; some projects may require night/overnight work
- Monday to Saturday schedule with occasional Sundays as needed
- Be at least 18 years old
- Stand for long time periods
- Walk, climb, stoop, kneel, and crouch
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Possess valid driver’s license with insurable driving record
- Commercial Driver License
- Previous asphalt, concrete, grading, or seal coat experience
- Previous experience doing outdoor labor in extreme heat
We offer one of the best benefit packages in the construction industry!
Many benefits start after only a 30-day waiting period!
- Health Insurance (if you participate in our wellness program we’ll pay 80% of your monthly premium!)
- Delta Dental Insurance
- VSP Vision Insurance
- Flex Plan
- Free $50,000 Life Insurance on employees
- Free $10,000 Life Insurance on spouse/dependents
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance (Aflac, Allstate, Colonial)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (free)
- Wellness Program
- Safety Incentive Program
- Direct Deposit
- Holiday Pay
- Bereavement Pay
- Annual Company Day at Adventureland
- Annual Christmas Party
- Employee Assistance Program
- Earn Unemployment on Layoff (determined by the Iowa Workforce Development)
Recognized as one of Eastern Iowa's premier paving contractors, LL Pelling Co. is committed to excellence and our employees take great pride in their workmanship. Established in 1949, LL Pelling has over 60 years of experience specializing in asphalt, concrete, chip seal, and pavement marking services. We have three HMA (hot-mix asphalt) plants in Coralville, Cedar Rapids, and Marion and service those cities and surrounding towns. At LL Pelling we protect employees and the traveling public by investing in a full-time Safety Director, holding annual safety meetings and weekly "tool box" safety talks, and by following good safety principles. Winner of the Rose award for workplace safety by the AGC of Iowa. Nominated as "The Corridor's Coolest Places to Work" LL Pelling supports the community, local schools, and organizations through charitable donations, sponsorships, and employees who volunteer.
Pre-employment drug screening and random drug testing is performed
Minorities, women, and vets encouraged to apply.
LL Pelling participates in E-verify post-employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese