Minimum Years of Experience Required: 2 Years heavy equipment mechanic work or related experience
Godbersen-Smith Construction is an EEO/AA Employer working in the road construction industry for over 60 years. Our mission is to deliver high-quality, cost-effective projects on schedule by employing and supporting motivated, flexible and focused employees.
GODBERSEN-SMITH CONSRUCTION COMPANY is seeking to fill a new FULL-TIME Heavy Highway Construction Equipment Mechanic. Must be able to schedule and perform preventative maintenance as well as trouble shoot and make necessary repairs both in the shop and field. Equipment includes but not limited to; crawler cranes, dozers, skid loaders, wheel loaders, dump trucks, tractor trailers, excavators, and various other heavy high construction equipment as well as some small engines.
- Current valid driver's license (Class A preferred)
- 2 or more years of mechanic experience....Heavy Highway Construction Equipment repair experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and understanding of diesel engines, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of heavy highway construction equipment to include; cranes, bulldozers, excavators, skid loaders, dump trucks, tractor trailers, and various other construction equipment
- Ability to perform repairs and maintenance in the field and shop
- Must be able to read, interpret, and understand electrical and hydraulic schematics along with service manuals to help diagnose issues to be able to make needed repairs
- Welding and fabrication experience
- Must be able to lift 75ibs
- Must have own basic tools
- Hard working and positive attitude
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently
- Competitive Wage based on experience (Full-time year round employment)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Company vehicle
- Company Cell Phone
- Safety Equipment Provided-including prescription safety glasses
- Tool allowance
- Weekly Pay with direct deposit
- Per Diem (when applicable)
Godbersen-Smith Construction Company is a Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/protected veteran status, or genetic information.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.