- Robins, IA 52328
- Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Job Type: Full-Time
Minimum Years of Education Required: Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school.
Minimum Years of Experience Required: Six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Wendling Quarries, Inc. (WQI) is a growing, family-owned construction materials company headquartered in DeWitt, IA. We produce stone, sand and gravel as well as hot mix asphalt and ready-mixed concrete. We are also a major recycler of concrete and asphalt. Our current quarry and sand pit operations span 14 counties across eastern Iowa and western Illinois. We are proud to be leaders when it comes to serving the communities we work in.
We take pride in our work and our employees.
We are seeking a self-motivated equipment mechanic to join our team. This is a full time position; the primary responsibility is to diagnose, repair and maintain heavy equipment in the shop and in the field as needed. Other duties may include Fabricating or Electrical repairs. This position will require a good driving record and a Class A CDL as travel to quarry sites with a service truck will be necessary.
- CDL- Class A with Tanker endorsement
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of basic mechanics and working knowledge of large equipment
- Clean driving record
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds
The hours for this position include: Monday - Friday with some Saturday work. On average works 45 to 50 hour weeks depending on the season.
Benefits of joining our team:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Per Diem and mileage- Applicable for some locations.
- Paid Holidays
- Flex Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Outings- Adventureland, Golf, and other events throughout the year.
- Health Wellness screening
- Employee Discounts on Materials (Rock, Etc.)
- We offer direct deposit and a weekly pay period
Thank you for your interest in our opportunity, for immediate consideration please click the Apply button above.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.