Dixon Construction has been building bridges and culverts in Iowa and Nebraska since 1938. We are a family-owned company located in Correctionville, Iowa, pop. 851, located 30 miles east of Sioux City on Highway 20. We operate with the same principles as the day we opened our doors:
"To provide quality craftsmanship in every job we do."
Education and Training Requirements
- A high school diploma is not a requirement.
- Must be alert, have good judgment, and be strong and in good health. Inexperienced laborers first do simple tasks.
- Must be motivated to work.
- Laborers spend a good deal of time outdoors, even in bad weather.
- The work demands heavy lifting and much stooping, carrying, and bending, sometimes at great heights.
- Workers are often required to wear special clothing, such as helmets,gloves, and protective chemical suits for protection against hazardous materials
- Construction laborers usually work eight-hour shifts, but may have to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Extra wages are paid for overtime hours.
- Perform tasks involving physical labor at bridge and culvert construction sites.
- May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, and clean up rubble and debris.
- May assist other craft workers. Must be able to lift 40 pounds, follow basic instructions, and have reliable transportation.
- Salary and position depends on experience.
- Davis-Bacon wages often apply.
This in an excellent opportunity for you to join a great team!
If you are interested, please click the "Apply Now" button.